Friday, March 8, 2013

New year, New Beginnings

"They say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself."
-Andy Warhol, The Philosophy of Andy Warhol
     2013 has already been such a whirlwind for me!  I welcomed in 2013 from Tampa, Florida with the University of South Carolina dance team where we performed in the Outback Bowl.  A few days later I was off to High Point, North Carolina to begin a new journey.  I have always been taught to "never settle," so when I realized I was unhappy attending the University of South Carolina, there was no question but to explore my options.  I decided to transfer to High Point University for the Spring 2013 semester and I couldn't be happier with that decision. 

Here's a photo of my new room at HPU!  Home sweet home :)

       At High Point University I've joined the Alpha Gamma Delta sorority, become finance chair of the 2013 pledge class, and have been accepted as a member of Panhellenic council! Being a member of Panhellenic council means I attend weekly meetings to discuss all of the exciting happenings of every sorority on campus.  We also use those meetings to plan how we can support each others' philanthropic endeavors!  I love helping the community with my new "sisters!"


The 2013 pledge class posing together after receiving our bids from Alpha Gamma Delta!

       In January, I was also able to make a quick 19 hour trip back to New Jersey to support all my teen girlies as they competed for Miss New Jersey's Outstanding Teen!  As a former Miss NJOT, I love to support the Miss America's Outstanding Teen program, as well as the beautiful teens I've  gotten to know!  Shout out to my "little sister" Miss Eastern Shore's Outstanding Teen, Yulemni, for placing 3rd runner-up AND winning the overall fitness award!  I was so proud :)

She is such a beautiful and talented girl-not to mention a sweetheart!

       With my fresh outlook for the new year, I cannot wait to see what the rest of the year has in store for me.  Blessed is an understatement :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment