Friday, March 8, 2013

Everything's Coming Up Roses

"It will never rain roses; when we want to have more roses we must plant more trees."
-George Eliot
       The month of February was full of hard work and success.  I was able to make it through midterm week (a.k.a. the most stressful seven days of the semester) without any permanent damage!  After that accomplishment, I can tell you all about the wonders of "to-do" lists.  I had several different to-do lists going on at one time...but that's the busy life of a college student/sorority member/titleholder!  I wouldn't have it any other way :)
       A fun event I was able to take part in this month was the Alpha Gamma Delta Red Rose formal.  I had such a blast!
Meet my beautiful "sister-mom," Katie!  In Alpha Gamma Delta we have sister-moms and sister-kids instead of bigs and littles.  She's been an amazing mentor and friend to me!
       This month I also applied for the most prestigious job on campus, University Ambassador.  I was nominated by an administrator, and was asked to fill out an application.  From there, I secured an initial interview, and was then called back for a second interview.  I was proud to have made it that far, since almost 200 apply and only 30 are accepted, and was delighted when I got the news that I had been accepted into the program!  As a University Ambassador I will work as a tour guide for families visiting our beautiful campus, and a role model for both prospective and current students.  Training starts at the end of the semester and I'm super excited!
     After receiving this great news, I was off for Spring break!  Home sweet home :)  I was ready to buckle down and make even more to-do lists while home, and cannot wait to share with you some of my accomplishments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment